Our free monthly webinar series introduces introductory and advanced policy surveillance methods and applications. To register for webinars, click on the dates in the list below.
We offer two webinar tracks: Introduction to Policy Surveillance and Advanced Policy Surveillance Training
Introduction to Policy Surveillance
This training provides a broad overview of policy surveillance methods and applications. Attendees will learn the differences between scientific legal mapping techniques (e.g., policy surveillance, legal assessments), the steps of the policy surveillance process, and uses for the data.
Upcoming Introductory Webinars -- Dates coming soon!
Advanced Policy Surveillance Training
This series of trainings will cover each step of the policy surveillance process in detail, beginning with project scope and question development. Attendees are encouraged to first register for an introductory webinar before attending the advanced trainings, or at least review Module 1 in the Learning Library. The advanced trainings provide in-depth explanations of each step in the policy surveillance process, identify best practices and strategies, and includes hands-on exercises to apply these processes.
Upcoming Advanced Webinars -- Dates coming soon!
Watch Past Webinar Recordings
- Policy Surveillance Introductory Training
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 1, Scoping and Background Research
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 2, Question Development
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 3, Collecting and Building the Law
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 4, Coding the Law
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 5, Quality Control, Publication and Updating Datasets