Our free monthly webinar series introduces introductory and advanced policy surveillance methods and applications. We offer two webinar tracks: Introduction to Policy Surveillance and Advanced Policy Surveillance Training
Introduction to Policy Surveillance
This training provides a broad overview of policy surveillance methods and applications. Attendees will learn the differences between scientific legal mapping techniques (e.g., policy surveillance, legal assessments), the steps of the policy surveillance process, and uses for the data.
Upcoming Introductory Webinars:
Legal Epi at Lunch: Advanced Topics and Methods in Scientific Legal Mapping and Legal Epidemiology
The Legal Epi at Lunch Webinar Series focuses on exploring in-depth methodological issues or approaches in scientific legal mapping and legal epidemiology research. Each one-hour session will include expert staff from the Center for Public Health Law Research and guest researchers and practitioners using legal epidemiology methods in a unique or innovative way and will offer best practices, technology solutions, tips, and tricks for attendees.
September 21, 2023, 12 pm ET– POSTPONED
This session will showcase an example of an exploratory analysis in legal epidemiology, featuring work by Lisa Iannacci-Manasia PhD, MS, PNP of Columbia University School of Nursing focused on US state agriculture child labor laws and agricultural injuries among youth farmworkers. Dr. Iannacci-Manasia will review her latest research in a discussion with CPHLR Director Heidi Grunwald.
Watch Past Webinar Recordings
November 14, 2023, 11:00 a.m. ET WATCH RECORDING
September 12, 2023, 11:00 a.m. ET WATCH RECORDING
August 8, 2023, 12:00 p.m. ET WATCH RECORDING
Past Introductory and Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinars
- Policy Surveillance Introductory Training
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 1, Scoping and Background Research
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 2, Question Development
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 3, Collecting and Building the Law
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 4, Coding the Law
- Advanced Policy Surveillance Training Webinar Part 5, Quality Control, Publication and Updating Datasets