We look ahead to 2024 with gratitude to our funders and collaborators as we continue to work on critical public health law topics. The next year will bring exciting new developments for our MonQcle software tool and LawAtlas.org, and will see our Center and the Beasley School of Law hosting the 47th Health Law Professors Conference (registration and the call for abstracts are open now!).
Before we dive into the new year, here are some highlights from 2023:
- We collaborated on and created or updated 40 legal datasets on LawAtlas.org and PDAPS.org. Last week, we helped CityHealth publish its newest city assessment.
- The second edition of Legal Epidemiology: Theory and Methods hit the shelves with updates since COVID-19 and other advances in the field since the first edition 2013.
- We worked with collaborators from Indiana University with support from the FORE Foundation to identify 84 shovel-ready opportunities to improve US opioid responses.
- With our partners at Drexel University and Stony Brook University, we are recipients of a $3.89 million grant from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention.
- We acted for public health, joining colleagues from around the country to reinforce public health authority to respond in emergencies.
- Our talented team continued advancing legal epidemiology research, training, tools, and technology throughout the year. A few earned leadership roles with APHA and Cydney Murray became a Society of Family Planning Changemaker.
- We published in the American Journal of Public Health, the Stanford Law Review, the Richmond Law Review, Contraception, the AMA Journal of Ethics, and the Journal of Law and Health.
- We launched an Instagram account for the Center.
Our Center will be closed for the winter break between December 23-January 1. We’ll see you in 2024!
Revisit some of the newest legal data from 2023!
- CityHealth 2023 Policy Assessments (12 policy areas)
- State Bills Relating to Vaccines in Schools and Provider Scopes of Practice
- Prior Authorization Policies for Pediatric ADHD Medication Prescriptions
- Prior Authorization Policies For Pediatric ADHD Medication Prescriptions – Selected Managed Care Plans
- ASTHO Harm Reduction Laws and Overdose Prevention Center Legislation Map
- United States COVID-19 Executive Orders Data
- Medicaid Section 1115 Waivers
- Informed Consent for Opioid Prescribing Laws
- Post-Dobbs State Abortion Restrictions and Protections
- State Preemption Laws
- Including a full analysis in a new summary report published in December
- Abortion Law Project
- State Legislation Addressing Public Health Emergency Authority