As the world continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Center for Public Health Law Research provides guidance on current legal problems and evidence-based strategies to overcome them in a fair and effective way. We will maintain this page throughout the ongoing pandemic.
Evidence, Research and Analysis
- COVID-19 Law and Policy Briefings – Live legal briefings hosted by the George Consortium via Public Health Law Watch on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon ET on Twitter.
- Preemption, Paid Leave and the Health of America. Bill of Health blog, March 16, 2020
Open Letter to the US Government
- Open Letter – More than 800 public health, human rights, and legal experts and organizations signed an open letter to Vice President Mike Pence and other government officials about steps to achieving an equitable and effective response to COVID-19.
Select Media Contributions
- Social distancing and the limits of the law. WHYY Here & Now, March 17, 2020
- Uncle Sam v. the coronavirus. The Economist, March 12, 2020
- The US has a 'Plan' to Fight Coronavirus: You. WIRED, March 5, 2020
- Five Ways Public Health Officials Should Respond to Coronavirus. Philadelphia Inquirer, March 5, 2020
- So you’ve been asked to self-quarantine. Here’s what you should know. Washington Post, March 9, 2020.
If you are a member of the media and wish to speak to someone regarding a source for a story, please contact Bethany Saxon at email@example.com.